The Beach Waterpark will be reopening this Summer!
All are welcome to visit The Beach Waterpark. We were closed in 2020, but we are back this year to provide pool time for the whole family, although it may look a bit different than in the past. Modifications to our operation have been made to comply with state guidelines, so please read on to learn more.
1. The Beach Waterpark facility will be divided into two separate areas:
Area 1: The main lap pool and the slide
Area 2: The zero-depth pool and the spray playground
2. Visits to the pool will be limited to two hours and reservations will be required. Each person will
Be required to review COVID-19 symptoms on a sign at the entrance and respond to questions.
A temperature reading device will be used on every patron and staff entering the facility.
3. The only way to visit the pool is by paying a daily admission fee of $10 when making the reservation online through the Park District’s registration system. Mastercard and Visa are accepted. There will be no annual pass or discount coupon option. No cash will be accepted on site. Once you make a reservation for one of the areas you may not cross over into the other area during the time you are at The Beach.
4. Individuals making a reservation should set up their “family file” in the Park District reservation system prior to May 23 to be able to make reservations for opening day on Saturday, May 29. The file will be accessed with a username and password. You will need this information every time you make a reservation so keep it in an easily accessible place. For assistance setting up your file, please call the Recreation Complex front desk at 630-595-9333 for assistance during normal office hours.
5. Every person needs a reservation. Children under the age of two are not required to pay an admission fee. The maximum in each area per time slot is 50. If a person makes a back-to-back reservation, they will have to gather their items, exit the facility and re-enter with the next group.
6. For safety purposes, areas within the pool will be closed for the season including the hot tub/spa, volleyball and sand play area, concession stand, vending machines and table-seating area. No food or beverages, other than water will be allowed in the facility.
7. There will be no lounge chairs in the pool. Patrons are welcome to bring their own chairs or
towels or blankets.
8. Social distancing will be strictly enforced in the facility and in the pool. There must be three feet between families.
9. Face coverings must be worn on the property, except when in the pool, or in line for the slide and on the slide. They have to be worn when waiting in line at the entrance, in the lockerrooms and when alongside the pool. The Park District reserves the right to ask an individual to leave the property if they refuse to follow the established guidelines.
10. There will be no lifejackets available for use at the facility. If your child needs a lifejacket, please bring a Coast Guard approved lifejacket for your use. No water wings or floatable swimsuits.
11. There will be no “floaties”, noodles or any other toys allowed in the facility at any time.
12. Patrons should come ready to swim. Locker room usage will be limited to allow for social distancing. Lockers will not be available for use during the 2021 season.
13. If state guidelines change during the season, restrictions will be modified accordingly and posted at the pool and on the Park District website: www.wdparks.org
Hours and Dates of Operation/Time Slots
Great News! The facility will open a week early on Saturday, May 29. The facility is scheduled to close on Sunday, August 8, but we will make every effort to stay open longer if staff are available. College and high school students are returning to school earlier each year and they are our main source of lifeguards and other pool staff. Any extended hours will be posted at The Beach and on the Park District website: www.wdparks.org
There will be four timeslots each weekend and ten timeslots during the week. Reservation will be open for the following week starting the Monday before. Saturday will serve as the beginning of each week. For example, for the week of Saturday, May 29 through Friday, June 5 reservations will be open the Monday before which is Monday, May 24.
Saturday and Sunday
12:45 – 2:45 pm
3:00 – 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
2:45 – 4:45 pm
5:00 – 7:00 pm
Additional timeslots may be added during the summer. There will be rigorous cleaning between each time slot. Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance and throughout the facility.
630.595.9333 | Located at 161 W. Commercial Street, Wood Dale, Illinois
This outdoor seasonal facility offers a 25 yard L-shaped zero-depth pool, an interactive water playground, two 129' spiral water slides, sand volleyball court, sand playground equipment area, adult deck with heated spa, large tanning area, full-service concession stand and concession picnic area, clean, supervised bathhouse with showers and coin lockers and award-winning licensed lifeguards.