2022/2023 School Year
Follow the rainbow to a quality, well-rounded early childhood program that will build your child’s self- confidence in a fun, nurturing, and safe environment. The Rainbow Playschool has classes for terrific two’s, energetic three’s and fabulous four-year olds. Classes are filled with wonderful stories, joyful music, age- appropriate art exciting games in our full-sized gym, plus activities designed to expose your child to important concepts including letters, numbers, shapes and colors. The Rainbow Playschool strives to encourage the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of young children through play, to build a life-long love for learning.
Looking to schedule a classroom tour? Call 630-595-9333.
Registration is live! Visit the Recreation Complex front desk today to enroll.
Registration and Payment Information
- Preschool Registration can be completed in-person at the Recreation Complex.
- Original Birth Certificate is required for new students. Front Desk staff will make a copy.
- The child’s parent/legal guardian must present a valid driver’s license or state ID card to verify they reside within the Wood Dale Park District boundaries to receive the resident rate. Front Desk staff will make a copy.
- A $35 non-refundable registration fee and the first payment is due at the time of registration. The first payment will be applied to the month of May. All other payments are due on the first of each month starting in September. You may also pay in full if you prefer. Payments received after the first of the month will be charged a $15 late fee. To learn more, please visit wdparks.org.
- ePACT Network will be used to collect all medical and emergency contact information electronically. After you register, you will receive an email invitation within 24 hours to complete your account. If you have previously created an account, then you only need to verify that your information is accurate.
The Two-Year-Old class is an introduction to a preschool setting. Class focuses on becoming comfortable with separation, learning to share, and fostering communication skills. Colors, shapes, and letters will be introduced. Fine motor skills and gross motor skills will be developed through manipulatives, creative art, games, learning centers, music, and gym time. Children do not need to be toilet trained.
The Three-Year-Old class provides children with a wide variety of play-based learning experiences. Colors, letters, shapes, and numbers are explored through hands-on play and themed art projects. Children will practice recognizing letters and numbers, tracing, counting, name recognition, and following directions. Children are required to be toilet trained.
The Four-Year-Old class will promote social skills and independence with a focus on Kindergarten readiness. Children will learn important concepts through learning centers and group activities. This class will review colors and shapes, practice recognizing and writing letters and numbers, learn letter sounds, and practice name writing. This class will also work on gluing, cutting, proper pencil grip, extending patterns, and tracing. Children are required to be toilet trained.
Learning Ladders (Four-Year-Old Enrichment)
Learning Ladders is an extension and enhancement of the Four-Year-Old class, as it takes place on different days. It is designed for children who are enrolled in the M/W/F class and are ready to attend a longer school day with an additional two days of school per week. This class focuses on the exploration of basic math and science concepts through exciting themes and hands-on discovery. Children will sort, compare, contrast, create, predict, experiment, and more! Children are required to be toilet trained.
2022-2023 Dates & Fees
|Two-Year-Old||Tue/Thu||9/13/22 – 5/11/23||9:30 – 11:30am||$126 R/ $136 NR||6000AAA2|
|Three-Year-Old||M/W/F||9/12/22 – 5/12/23||9:00 – 11:30am||$153 R / $163 NR||6001AAA3|
|Four-Year-Old||M/W/F||9/12/22 – 5/13/23||9:00 – 11:30am||$172 R / $182 NR||6002AAA4|
|Learning Ladders||Tue/Thu||9/13/22 – 5/11/23||9:00 – 12:30pm||$135 R / $140 NR||6852AL|
*Child must be age of the class on or before September 1, 2022.
*For the Two-Year-Old class, hours are shortened for the first five weeks. The first week, class is one hour. Each week, class time increases by 15 minutes until the full two hours is reached.
If you have questions, please contact Kim, the program supervisor, at email@example.com or 630-948-0858.
HELP RESOURCES FOR E-PACT:
HOW TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION:
HOW TO ADD/EDIT NEW EMERGENCY OR PICK-UP CONTACT: